PHACO & MEDICAL RETINA
under the leadership of
Dr R P Singh
Director & Head
Phaco refractive & Vitreo Retina services
Visitech Eye Centres
Phaco Development Program
- Ophthalmology is the field of medical science that has evolved so rapidly. We have seen the era of transformation of cataract surgery over the last decades from intracapsular cataract extraction with aphakic spectacles to phacoemulsification with implantation of different types of intraocular lenses.
- Phaco emulsification done with good surgical expertise fulfils patient demand of good visual outcome and faster visual recovery at an affordable cost. It is definitely a safe and painless procedure but requires a lot of skill to be mastered in this surgery. Our team at Visitech eye centre New Delhi is fully equipped with latest phacoemulsification machines and expert surgeons.
- The team leader” Dr RP SINGH” is an alumni of prestigious institute of the country, Dr R P Centre of Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS, New Delhi.
- He is practicing in ophthalmic sciences for last 22 years and has an experience of more than 60,000 cataract surgeries and various other complex surgeries.
Why choose Visitech?
- Stepwise methodical approach
- One-to-one training under the supervision of experienced surgeons.
- Surgical Video review and analysis
- Our team of experienced surgeon and consultants have performed thousands of surgeries
- We provide best equipment, phaco machine, microscope and recording system
- The objective of PDP is to train budding and needed eye surgeons for Phacoemulsification. There will be individual mentor for each mentee under the leadership of Dr RP Singh. The mentees would be trained in stepwise manner for performing Phacoemulsification first under supervision, and then independently. They would also be trained to manage inadvertent complications during surgery.
- The mentees will also be trained one on one in OPD, Diagnostics and OT assistance.
- They would also be trained in Medical Retina- diagnosis & lasers.
- State of the Art modular OT’s
- Zeiss Lumera Operating Microscope
- Alcon Constellation Phaco Machine
- Baush & Lomb Stellaris PC Phaco Machine
COURSE OBJECTIVE & OUTCOME
- The objective of PDP is to train budding and needed eye surgeons for phacoemulsification. There will be individual mentor for each mentee under the leadership of Dr RP Singh.
- The idea of our program is to stimulate every domains of trainee:
- 1. Cognitive- by effective teaching learning methods
- 2. Psychomotor- skill development, hand on in world-class modular operation theatres
- 3. Effective- proper communication and counseling to patients & his/her relative
|FIRST WEEK||BASICS OF PHACOEMULSIFICATION
TYPES OF PHACOMACHINES
|BASIC PROCEDURES SPECIAL EMPHASIS ON CAPSULORHEXIS||PREOPERATIVE WORK UP||FORMATIVE ASSESMENT 1|
|SECOND WEEK||TYPES OF PHACO TECHNIQUES||PHACOEMULSIFICATION UNDER SUPERVISION||PREOPERATIVE & POSTOPERATIVE CARE OF PATIENT||FORMATIVE ASSESMENT 2|
|THIRD WEEK||COMPLICATIONS OF PHACOEMULSIFICATION SURGERY||ASSESSMENT OF TECHNICAL SKILLS IN PHACOEMULSIFICATION SURGERY||COUSELLING TECHNIQUES||FORMATIVE ASSESMENT 3|
|FOURTH WEEK||DIFFERENT TYPES OF IOLs||INDEPENDENT CASES||FORMATIVE ASSESMENT 4|
|SUMMATIVE ASSESMENT & CERTIFICATION CEREMONY|
- Duration – 4 weeks/8 weeks
- Eligibility Criteria: Qualified practicing Ophthalmologist with MD/DOMS/DNB /FRCS degree from recognized university with good experience in basics of cataract surgery.
- No. of Positions: 1-2 per batch
Selection: Selection is done on eligibility and first come first served basis
- Admission Procedure: Application should be accompanied by curriculum vitae and copies of certificates.
- Accommodation- would be borne by you, we can provide links of various residential options available
For further details please contact
Dr Anupa Gulati
Sr Consultant & Medical Superintendent